    at
    gmail.com
    --
    TheBurgerMan, Apr 20, 2005

  2. TheBurgerMan

    TheBurgerMan Guest

    Some additional information (Thanks Chao). There are 2 sections, one I sent
    to Chao and one I sent to Microsoft:

    *** Sent to Chao:
    I have built a portal where a user puts in their username and password, I
    authnticate them against these values stored in a database. If they match,
    then they are OK to use my portal.

    One part of the portal brings up a group calendar in Exchange 2003 (OWA).
    Since the current browser session is not authenticated against Active
    Directory, Exchange redirects to it's OWA logon page.

    I don't want the user to see this logon, I want my applciation to do it. As
    far as I can figure out, there are a couple of cookies that have to be
    placed in current session after you authenticate, but I cannot figure out
    how to get them and how to attach them to current session.

    I have tried FormAuthentication, but there are 2 things I don't understand:

    1) Where is the "credential data store" and how do I make it point at the
    Active Directory;

    2) How do I attach the credentials to the current browser after I get a
    successful Authentication?

    *** Sent to Microsoft:
    Problem Description: Environment (all on the same box):
    - Windows 2003 Standard
    - Exchange 2003
    - Active Directory
    - ASP.NET
    - Visual Studio 2003 using C#

    I have built an ASP.NET portal. My portal does it's own authentication by
    having the user type in their username and password which I compare to my
    database. If they match, then I let them continue.

    I have Exchange 2003 in the backend. I want to bring up a group calendar
    and/or an individual calendar in an IFRAME on one of my pages. I want my
    application to authenticate the user against Exchange/AD so that the OWA
    login page does not come up (single sign-on).

    Exchange is configured for Forms based authentication and works well. I can
    bring up the OWA login page and authenticate just fine and use OWA.

    When I bring up OWA first, authenticate, then (in the same browser) surf to
    my portal, it works great. I get no OWA login page in the IFRAME
    (presumably, Exhange has already set some cookies in the current Browser and
    the IFRAME uses them).

    When I bring up my portal first, authenticate, then the IFRAME shows the OWA
    Login page!

    I have been able to set a WebRequest with the proper credentials and get a
    Calendar from Exchange, but I have no way of displaying it properly so the
    user can use it. IFRAME's seem like the best way to provide funtionality and
    usability to the user, but I have no way of attaching a CredentialCache to
    it (like WebRequest.Credentials);

    How do I take the username and password (I provide the domain name) and
    authenticate against Exchange/AD and attach these credentials in the current
    browser (if the current browser has the correct credentials, then the IFRAME
    will also)?

    What methods would I use and how would I use them?
    --
    Thanks,
    TheBurgerMan

    TheBurgerMan, Apr 20, 2005