    I have to compile it?

    Thanks
    Sapphira

    Sapphira, Sep 14, 2004

  2. Sapphira wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a dll written in c++. How do i get out of this an Assembly? How do
    > I have to compile it?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Sapphira

    If you have the source code to the DLL, then look up in your
    compiler documentation how to generate an assembly listing.

    If you have a DLL as an executable code and you want to convert
    it to assembly, try using a debugger for your platform. Many
    debuggers can easily convert from executable into assembly.

    Otherwise consult a newsgroup about your platform.

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
    Other sites:

    Thomas Matthews, Sep 14, 2004

  3. Sapphira wrote:
    > I have a dll written in c++. How do i get out of this an Assembly? How do
    > I have to compile it?

    <offtopic>
    You cannot compile a dll. It has been compiled already. Look for
    a "disassembler" tool on the web, but don't get your hopes up. In
    most cases looking at an assembly listing of a dll will not really
    get you far.
    </offtopic>

    Next time please try to have a C++ language question. Not a dll
    question, not an assembly question. A C++ language question.

    Thanks.

    Victor Bazarov, Sep 14, 2004
  4. Sapphira

    cppAddict Guest

    "Sapphira" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a dll written in c++. How do i get out of this an Assembly? How do
    > I have to compile it?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Sapphira

    Not sure what you mean by "an Assembly" but if you mean a CLR assembly
    as in dotnet try a microsoft group.

    cppAddict, Sep 15, 2004