How do I compile a c++-program as assembly?

Sapphira

Hi,

I have a dll written in c++. How do i get out of this an Assembly? How do
I have to compile it?

Thanks
Sapphira

Thomas Matthews

Sapphira said:
Hi,

I have a dll written in c++. How do i get out of this an Assembly? How do
I have to compile it?

Thanks
Sapphira
If you have the source code to the DLL, then look up in your
compiler documentation how to generate an assembly listing.

If you have a DLL as an executable code and you want to convert
it to assembly, try using a debugger for your platform. Many
debuggers can easily convert from executable into assembly.

Otherwise consult a newsgroup about your platform.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

Victor Bazarov

Sapphira said:
I have a dll written in c++. How do i get out of this an Assembly? How do
I have to compile it?

<offtopic>
You cannot compile a dll. It has been compiled already. Look for
a "disassembler" tool on the web, but don't get your hopes up. In
most cases looking at an assembly listing of a dll will not really
get you far.
</offtopic>

Next time please try to have a C++ language question. Not a dll
question, not an assembly question. A C++ language question.

Thanks.

cppAddict

Sapphira said:
Hi,

I have a dll written in c++. How do i get out of this an Assembly? How do
I have to compile it?

Thanks
Sapphira

Not sure what you mean by "an Assembly" but if you mean a CLR assembly
as in dotnet try a microsoft group.