    PS: I have absolutely no knowledge of c++ or any other compilable
    language ( I can barely handle php)
    , Mar 4, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > I stumbled upon a c++ source code of a programm and it needs to be
    > compiled by me. I am under win32 and i download the Dev-C++ compiler
    > from sourceforge.
    > Tne source code i want to compile is http://www.shorturlsite.com/?r=8m...
    > but i cant find how to do it. I tried opening the biggest file and
    > compile that but it didnt work. Please help I really need to comile
    > this programm...
    > Thanks in advance
    >

    > PS: I have absolutely no knowledge of c++ or any other compilable
    > language ( I can barely handle php)

    The linked URL in this post appears to contain a virus.

    john
    John Harrison, Mar 4, 2007

  3. John Harrison wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I stumbled upon a c++ source code of a programm and it needs to be
    >> compiled by me. I am under win32 and i download the Dev-C++ compiler
    >> from sourceforge.
    >> Tne source code i want to compile is http://www.shorturlsite.com/?r=8m...
    >> but i cant find how to do it. I tried opening the biggest file and
    >> compile that but it didnt work. Please help I really need to comile
    >> this programm...
    >> Thanks in advance
    >>

    >> PS: I have absolutely no knowledge of c++ or any other compilable
    >> language ( I can barely handle php)
    >>

    > The linked URL in this post appears to contain a virus.
    >
    > john

    OK that might be an over-reaction. My virus checker finds a reference to
    the hosts file in the source code contained in the archive (clever AVG).
    In other words the URL appears to refer to the source code for a virus,
    which the OP wants help compiling.

    Script kiddie is the term I think.

    john
    John Harrison, Mar 4, 2007

    its not a virus but a botnet source code for local testing on my lan.
    , Mar 4, 2007
  5. wrote:
    > its not a virus but a botnet source code for local testing on my lan.

    Well this group doesn't deal with 'how do I use my compiler?' questions
    only with C++ language questions. If I were you I would first try
    reading the documentation that comes with the compiler. Secondly I would
    try and start small. Start with simple C++ programs before you try the
    program you really want to compile. Only move onto that once you're
    confident that you understand the basics of Dev C++. But since you don't
    know C++ at all, this could be quite a task.

    I also think you a playing with fire, since you don't know C++ how
    confident are you that you really know what the source code does? There
    was plenty of dubious looking stuff in there.

    john
    John Harrison, Mar 4, 2007

    On Mar 4, 8:06 am, John Harrison <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > its not a virus but a botnet source code for local testing on my lan.

    > Well this group doesn't deal with 'how do I use my compiler?' questions
    > only with C++ language questions. If I were you I would first try
    > reading the documentation that comes with the compiler. Secondly I would
    > try and start small. Start with simple C++ programs before you try the
    > program you really want to compile. Only move onto that once you're
    > confident that you understand the basics of Dev C++. But since you don't
    > know C++ at all, this could be quite a task.
    >
    > I also think you a playing with fire, since you don't know C++ how
    > confident are you that you really know what the source code does? There
    > was plenty of dubious looking stuff in there.
    >
    > john

    well it has been given to me from someone i trust...+
    , Mar 5, 2007
  7. red floyd Guest

    Seems to me someone named "cyberhacker" should be able to figure it out.
    Or else his name is a joke.
    red floyd, Mar 5, 2007