How do I configure IIS for the following?

Andrew Chalk

How do I configure IIS for the following.

I have a directory called base and then several directories at the next
level down corresponding to versions of my ASP app.

I.e.
BASE
Ver1.0
Ver1.1
Ver1.n

Each Ver... directory has my complete ASP project in it. I want the URL to a
specific version to be, for example, http://localhost/Ver1.0/login.asp.
Currently, I have WEBshared BASE and given it an alias. However, invoking
this URL gives me the error below. Any idea how to get this to work? I'm
trying to order various project versions without having them as a long list
in IIS.

Many thanks.
Configuration Error

in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 59: <authentication mode="Windows" />
Line 60: -->
Line 61: <authentication mode="Forms" >
Line 62: <forms name=".ASPXUSERDEMO" loginUrl="login.aspx"
protection="All" timeout="60" />
Line 63: </authentication>

Source File: D:\Web Sites\CallRecording\20060426\web.config Line: 61

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Each virtual directory has to be set up as an application. This can be done
programatically, if you wish to take the time, or you can open the Internet
Services Manager and set up each directory as an application.

Open ISM
Expand Default website
Find folder
Right click
On the directory tab, click Create - Execute permissions should be scripts
only

Juan T. Llibre

You will run into problems if you nest ASP.NET 1.1 and ASP.NET 2.0 apps.
Other than that what you say is fine if you configure each directory as an IIS Application.

I wouldn't even think of using the .Net Framework 1.0 at this point in time, however.

I'm curious. When you wrote :
Each Ver... directory has my complete ASP project in it. I want the URL to a specific version to
be, for example, http://localhost/Ver1.0/login.asp.

....did you mean ASP or ASP.NET ?

I ask because your URL is login.asp, but the error message refers to login.aspx.

I remind people, all the time, to make sure they don't refer to ASP.NET as ASP.
ASP is a different technology and saying ASP when you mean ASP.NET is confusing.

Andrew Chalk

That did it.

Many thanks!
Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) said:
Each virtual directory has to be set up as an application. This can be
done programatically, if you wish to take the time, or you can open the
Internet Services Manager and set up each directory as an application.

Open ISM
Expand Default website
Find folder
Right click
On the directory tab, click Create - Execute permissions should be scripts
only

Andrew Chalk

You spotted my error (working too late..). It should say login.aspx. This is
ASP.NET v1.1.

Regards,

Andrew