    Here's the url:

    www.piedmonthome.com

    Maria

    Prof. Marvel, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Prof. Marvel wrote:
    > Here's a site I just competed. The owner is telling me the photo
    > strip on the right is cutting of at the neck of some of the people or
    > not showing complete frames. Here's the css for the photo strip on
    > the right. As you can see, the width is a percentage while the height
    > is in pixels. My resolution is 1028 x 768 and I get it perfectly.

    At larger resolutions the images repeat along the x-axis. The height looks
    ok here though in ie6/Moz1.2/Opera 7.11

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

    William Tasso, Oct 27, 2003

  3. Prof. Marvel

    Prof. Marvel Guest

    "William Tasso" <> wrote in message
    > Prof. Marvel wrote:
    > > Here's a site I just competed. The owner is telling me the photo
    > > strip on the right is cutting of at the neck of some of the people or
    > > not showing complete frames. Here's the css for the photo strip on
    > > the right. As you can see, the width is a percentage while the height
    > > is in pixels. My resolution is 1028 x 768 and I get it perfectly.

    > At larger resolutions the images repeat along the x-axis. The height

    looks
    > ok here though in ie6/Moz1.2/Opera 7.11
    > William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

    Thanks, Bill.

    I'm being told that the right photo strip is being cut off both in width and
    height. I suppose the person telling me this is using 800 x 600. How do I
    fix it?

    M.

    Prof. Marvel, Oct 27, 2003
  4. Prof. Marvel

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Prof. Marvel" <reporter@(removethis)fuse.net> wrote:

    >Here's a site I just competed. The owner is telling me the photo strip on
    >the right is cutting of at the neck of some of the people or not showing
    >complete frames. Here's the css for the photo strip on the right. As you can
    >see, the width is a percentage while the height is in pixels. My resolution
    >is 1028 x 768 and I get it perfectly. Don't know what the owner's monitor
    >resolution is, but I'm thinking it shouldn't matter in any event.
    >
    >Anyway, can anyone tell me what I've done wrong here and how to correct it?
    >Here's the url:
    >
    >www.piedmonthome.com

    Definitely cuts the girl in half at 800x600
    http://steve.pugh.net/test/piedmont.jpg

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Oct 27, 2003
  5. Prof. Marvel wrote:
    > "William Tasso" <> wrote in message
    >> Prof. Marvel wrote:
    >>> Here's a site I just competed. The owner is telling me the photo
    >>> strip on the right is cutting of at the neck of some of the people
    >>> or not showing complete frames. Here's the css for the photo strip
    >>> on the right. As you can see, the width is a percentage while the
    >>> height is in pixels. My resolution is 1028 x 768 and I get it
    >>> perfectly.

    >> At larger resolutions the images repeat along the x-axis. The
    >> height looks ok here though in ie6/Moz1.2/Opera 7.11
    >> William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com
    >>

    > Thanks, Bill.
    >
    > I'm being told that the right photo strip is being cut off both in
    > width and height. I suppose the person telling me this is using 800 x
    > 600. How do I fix it?

    The width: use a smaller image or get your client a better graphic card.

    The height: tricky, I just tested in ie5 too and it looks ok (there are
    other issues but nothing major). Best you find out which os/browser combo
    the client has and research any known bugs/hacks.

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

    William Tasso, Oct 27, 2003
  6. Prof. Marvel

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Sometime around Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:40:14 -0500, Prof. Marvelremovethis is
    reported to have stated:

    > www.piedmonthome.com

    The code in this site is a mess. I notice you are using an XHTML doctype,
    but your code looks like HTML to me (with lots of deprecated code, mind
    you). Insert an HTML doctype instead (4.01 Strict would be ideal), then
    validate your HTML and CSS.

    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.piedmonthome.com

    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.piedmonth
    ome.com

    As for the problem with the photo strip, the only really feasible solution
    would be to reduce the width of the image. If the image is 800px wide
    (just picking a number at random), then that is how wide it will show
    unless you specify a different width. You have specified a % width for the
    div that the image is in, but not for the image itself (there is no way to
    do this AFAIK for a background image).

    Setting a different width on the image itself is not an ideal solution,
    because the image will look distorted.

    HTH

    --
    Mark Parnell