    I am trying to create a DropDownList with Hyperlinks as ListItem. I am
    creating a web page with ASP.NET and VB

    Any suggestions or Solutions to my problem?
    Tony Tone, Apr 28, 2006

  2. RE: How do I create a Drop Down List with Hyperlinks as List Items in

    Well you can't because you can't put hyperlinks in an HTML drop down box (a
    <select> tag). However you can navigate to a URL, based on the selection a
    user makes in a DDL by having URL's for the value fields, setting
    AutoPostBack=true in the DDL properties and then put something like

    Response.Redirect(((DropDownList)sender).SelectedValue);

    in the OnSelectedIndexChanged event handler.

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2xpY2tvbg==?=, Apr 28, 2006

  3. Re: How do I create a Drop Down List with Hyperlinks as List Items in

    Well, you can't using the built in one.

    You can write your own. Have it pop open a DIV that you position, that has
    the links in it, etc. This is a ton of work, but it can be done.

    Marina Levit [MVP], Apr 28, 2006