How do I create a hyperlink on status bar

smitacharya

Hi,

I am trying to convert the text on status bar into hyperlink. Is there
a way to do so?

Thank you in advance.
-Smita

Marina

I don't think so. The status bar is not part of the rendering area of a web
browser. It is part of the application itself. Javascript gives a way to
place text area, but not to put arbitrary HTML to be rendered in the status
bar.

Guest

Smita,
If you want to grab the text that is on the statusbar of the browser with
Javascript and use this to create a hyperlink to be displayed somewhere on
the page, no problem.
However, you cannot display anything but raw text on the statusbar itself.
Peter

intrader

Hi,

I am trying to convert the text on status bar into hyperlink. Is there
a way to do so?

Thank you in advance.
-Smita
The status bar is not modeled at the server. However, in the client you
may read and write the information in 'window.status'.
The status message area can not be manipulated directly. To do so you
would need access to the window representing the status bar. This is only
possible if you write an ActiveX component that you download.