How do I create a insert command that will take a datatable or datarow as a parameter

Rob Dob

How do I create a insert command that will take a datatable or datarow as a
parameter instead of me having to supply it with parameters for each field
value. I heard something about using the v2.0 SqlHelper class (MS Data
Application Block), however I don't have a clue how to use this and
wondering if using it would be more work then entering in the 50 fields. Am
I better off just modifying the insert command that was created
automatically at the time I created the tableadapter? if so does that mean
that if I reconfigure the table adapter then I will have to remodify the
insert command. The reason for me doing all this is that I have one
identity field within the select statement of my table adapter and when I
try and do an insert it fails with an error so therefore I will need to
remove the identity field from the insert command, but I would still like
the value returned to me in the select command.

any help or suggestions come very welcomed,

thanks