How do I create a link in HTML that will open a file using EXCEL?

jacky.newsgroup

Hi,

How do I create a link in HTML that will open a file using EXCEL?

exCEL.EXE" "\\network\a.txt">
this</a>

I tried this but didn't work. It only launch EXCEL

Ed Mullen

Hi,

How do I create a link in HTML that will open a file using EXCEL?

exCEL.EXE" "\\network\a.txt">
this</a>

I tried this but didn't work. It only launch EXCEL

Why not just make the link be to the .xls file and tell your browser to
use Excel to handle that filetype?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net