    How can I add a privacy policy to the cookie I'm creating (with ASP)?

    Thanks!

    --Philip
    P. Obbard, Sep 17, 2003

  2. P. Obbard

    Ray at Guest

    Start reading. :]
    http://www.w3c.org/P3P/

    Ray at work

    "P. Obbard" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > How can I create a privacy policy for a cookie? I have an invisible image

    cookie

    Ray at, Sep 17, 2003

  3. See item #2: http://www.aspfaq.com/2157

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Sep 17, 2003
  4. Also see http://www.aspfaq.com/privacy.asp

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Sep 17, 2003
  5. P. Obbard

    Matt Smith Guest

    I had this problem myself not too long ago. In addition to the documents
    already suggested you must read
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpriv/html/ie6privacyfeature.asp
    The part on Satisfactory and unsatisfactory cookies is perhaps most
    important.

    THe IBM P3P editor is a must have, but you will need a specific version of
    the Java Virtual Machine. 1.3.1_09 I think. If you're using XP you've
    probably got 1.4.x Downgrading probably won't affect your Java experience.
    http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/p3peditor
    I don't recall where to get the JVM but www.sun.com would be a good place to
    start looking.

    The IBM editor has prebuilt policy suggestions for various kinds of sites
    and creates a basic human-readable version from your policy.

    Once you've got a basic policy written, test its implementation with
    http://www.w3.org/P3P/validator.html

    Hope this helps.
    Matt

    Matt Smith, Sep 18, 2003
  6. P. Obbard

    Steve Guest

    If you want to save some time, try a commercial P3P Editor like
    P3PEdit at http://p3pedit.com. It costs a little, but since time =
    money, you'll save by having the P3P policy implemented and customers
    back to your site.

    Steve, Sep 28, 2003