How do I create a thumbnail of a JPG

Peter Morris [Droopy Eyes Software]

Hi all

I have a JPG that has just been uploaded, and I now need to create a
thumbnail. I loaded the JPG using Image.Load and created a new image using
original.GetThumbnailImage, but when I save it I get a "general error in
GDI+".

Can anyone tell me how to achieve this?

Thanks

--
Pete
=============

Read or write article on just about anything
http://www.HowToDoThings.com

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Most likely your ASPNET user account does not have write privileges to the
folder.

Peter Morris [Droopy Eyes Software]

Hi Steve

It does have permissions to write to the folder in question. In fact, the
image I am trying to thumbnail has just been written to that folder after
being uploaded in a form.

Pete

Dan

Are you saving it with the same name and path as the original?

If so, try saving it with a different name. I had this problem a few days
ago. Looks like a bug to me.