How do i create an assembly named "SimpleControlSamplesVB"?

John Blair

hi,I have the following code which gives an error in VB.Net when i run it
that it cant find the assembly SimpleControlSamplesVB?

any ideas how to resolve this error?
Thanks for any help! J.

Parser Error Description: An
error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this
request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify
your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: File or assembly name
SimpleControlSamplesVB, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
Source
Error: Line 1: <%@ Register TagPrefix="SimpleControlSamples"
Namespace="SimpleControlSamples" Assembly="SimpleControlSamplesVB" %>
Line 2:
Line 3: <HTML>

simple1.aspx<%@ Register TagPrefix="SimpleControlSamples"
Namespace="SimpleControlSamples" Assembly="SimpleControlSamplesVB" %>

<form method="POST" action="Simple.aspx" runat=server>

<SimpleControlSamples:SimpleVB id="MyControl" runat=server/>

</form>

simple.vb:
Imports SystemImports System.Web
Imports System.Web.UI
Namespace SimpleControlSamples
Public Class SimpleVB : Inherits ControlProtected
Overrides Sub Render(Output As HtmlTextWriter)Output.Write("<H2>Welcome to
Control Development!</H2>")
End Sub
End Class
End Namespace

John Blair

I needed to create the assembly (a DLL file) from a DOS prompt!

vbc /t:library /out:bin\SimpleControlSamplesV
B.dll /r:System.Web.dll /r:System.dll simple.vb