    Any pointers would be great!
    Thank you for your time
    qu1nn

    qu1nn, May 13, 2004

  2. qu1nn

    Karl Groves Guest

    "qu1nn" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello.
    > I have done some basic www design in the past (years ago; real basic)
    > A friend asked me how to create an effect for a web page so it appears
    > as if a laser were burning text into the web page itself, sort of
    > logo-ish.

    That's soooooooo 1996

    -Karl

    Karl Groves, May 13, 2004

  3. qu1nn

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hello.
    > I have done some basic www design in the past (years ago; real basic)
    > A friend asked me how to create an effect for a web page so it appears
    > as if a laser were burning text into the web page itself, sort of
    > logo-ish.

    If he wants to "see" it burn, then you need flash. If he wants to
    display the "results" of the laser, then any good paint program will let
    you draw it.

    For the flash solution, see www.flashkit.com for some examples, or
    www.swishit.com if you don't own flash.
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, May 13, 2004
  4. qu1nn

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <c7vnj9$mct$>,
    says...
    > > I have done some basic www design in the past (years ago; real basic)
    > > A friend asked me how to create an effect for a web page so it appears
    > > as if a laser were burning text into the web page itself, sort of
    > > logo-ish.

    > That's soooooooo 1996

    AWESOME! Not only does he get a great flash intro, it is also retro! He
    wins all the way around!

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, May 13, 2004
  5. qu1nn

    Richard Guest

    "Whitecrest" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > Hello.
    > > I have done some basic www design in the past (years ago; real basic)
    > > A friend asked me how to create an effect for a web page so it appears
    > > as if a laser were burning text into the web page itself, sort of
    > > logo-ish.

    > If he wants to "see" it burn, then you need flash. If he wants to
    > display the "results" of the laser, then any good paint program will let
    > you draw it.
    >
    > For the flash solution, see www.flashkit.com for some examples, or
    > www.swishit.com if you don't own flash.

    Swish looks like a winner to me. Beats the bloat ware of flash.

    Richard, May 14, 2004
  6. qu1nn

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    > > For the flash solution, see www.flashkit.com for some examples, or
    > > www.swishit.com if you don't own flash.

    > Swish looks like a winner to me. Beats the bloat ware of flash.

    Swish is an awesome program. It allows you to make Flash objet every
    easily. It is a bit less powerful than Flash (especially in scripting)
    but works great for 90% of what someone would do with flash. And the
    price can't be beat either.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com