How do I create my front page for my domain name.

Rob

What do I need to do to tie my domain name (ie: www.mydomainname.com)
to a page that I've uploaded? I've figured out how to make files
underneath the domain name, but not how to point the domain name to a
single file on the webhost.

Edward Alfert

(e-mail address removed) (Rob) wrote in
What do I need to do to tie my domain name (ie: www.mydomainname.com)
to a page that I've uploaded? I've figured out how to make files
underneath the domain name, but not how to point the domain name to a
single file on the webhost.

You cannot point a domain to a page. You must create a page with a
specific name.

Create a page with any of the following names and it should work:
index.htm
index.html

Some of the following names may also work depending on your host:
default.htm
index.php
default.php
index.shtml

Basically, if you only enter the domain name and don't append a page name,
the webserver looks for a page with one of the "default" names.

JustAnotherGuy

Edward said:
(e-mail address removed) (Rob) wrote in

You cannot point a domain to a page. You must create a page with a
specific name.

But you can redirect, right? (.htaccess is my new infatuation)

Edward Alfert

But you can redirect, right? (.htaccess is my new infatuation)

Yes. this is true. You can either redirect in .htaccess using mod_rewrite
or create a default page and use meta or php to redirect.