How do I debug a Class Library?

Steve Kershaw

Hello,
I have created a class library (.DLL) and there seems to be no way to
debug it. How do I run it in debug mode (setting break points, etc)?
Once I include it into my ASP.NET application the executable code is in
the /bin directory.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve

Sean Chambers

You have to open the project that compiles into the DLL, and then you
can add breakpoints etc,

If you want to debug it while you debug your asp.net app, then you can
add the project to the asp.net solution, and add breakpoints. Then you
can debug the class library at the same time as your asp.net app.

Hope this helps!

Sean

Steve Kershaw

Thanks Sean!