    MultiView control, or selecting the next step button of a Wizard control.

    Any ideas how to debug this?

    <%= Clinton Gallagher

    clintonG, Dec 24, 2005

  2. "clintonG" <> wrote in
    news:#:

    > After upgrading from Beta 2 to 2.0 an application and iterative
    > copies of it throw a dialog at me which stating "Stack overflow
    > at line: 0" and I have no idea how to debug this or what changed
    > in 2.0 to cause it to occur.
    >
    > The dialog is displayed by click events such as selecting the
    > button of a MultiView control, or selecting the next step button
    > of a Wizard control.
    >
    > Any ideas how to debug this?
    >
    ><%= Clinton Gallagher

    Clinton,

    I've heard of problems arising from upgrading from a VS Beta to the
    RTM version. Apparently some bits of the Beta get left behind,
    causing all kinds of havoc:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/support/uninstall/default.aspx

    --
    Hope this helps.

    Chris.
    -------------
    C.R. Timmons Consulting, Inc.
    http://www.crtimmonsinc.com/

    Chris R. Timmons, Dec 24, 2005

  3. clintonG

    Jim Cheshire Guest

    clintonG wrote:
    > After upgrading from Beta 2 to 2.0 an application and iterative
    > copies of it throw a dialog at me which stating "Stack overflow at
    > line: 0" and I have no idea how to debug this or what changed in 2.0
    > to cause it to occur.
    > The dialog is displayed by click events such as selecting the button
    > of a MultiView control, or selecting the next step button of a Wizard
    > control.
    > Any ideas how to debug this?

    Clinton,

    The best way to debug a stack overflow is to debug it post-mortem. You might
    want to check out my blog, specifically the post on Clarifications on
    Debugging.

    --
    Jim Cheshire
    ================================

    Latest entry: Digging into Objects
    Describes the details of digging into
    memory usage with the debugger.

    Jim Cheshire, Dec 24, 2005
  4. clintonG

    clintonG Guest

    Thanks for the tip Chris. I've read through that article and used the
    automated tool Microsoft provided rather than the manual process. I'm going
    to be reading through Jim Cheshire's blog as he suggests .

    <%= Clinton Gallagher

    clintonG, Dec 24, 2005
  5. clintonG

    clintonG Guest

    Thanks. I need that and I've got it loaded right now...

    <%= Clinton Gallagher

    clintonG, Dec 24, 2005