How do I debug this...

clintonG

After upgrading from Beta 2 to 2.0 an application and iterative copies of it
throw a dialog at me which stating "Stack overflow at line: 0" and I have no
idea how to debug this or what changed in 2.0 to cause it to occur.

The dialog is displayed by click events such as selecting the button of a
MultiView control, or selecting the next step button of a Wizard control.

Any ideas how to debug this?

<%= Clinton Gallagher

Chris R. Timmons

After upgrading from Beta 2 to 2.0 an application and iterative
copies of it throw a dialog at me which stating "Stack overflow
at line: 0" and I have no idea how to debug this or what changed
in 2.0 to cause it to occur.

The dialog is displayed by click events such as selecting the
button of a MultiView control, or selecting the next step button
of a Wizard control.

Any ideas how to debug this?

<%= Clinton Gallagher

Clinton,

I've heard of problems arising from upgrading from a VS Beta to the
RTM version. Apparently some bits of the Beta get left behind,
causing all kinds of havoc:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/support/uninstall/default.aspx

Jim Cheshire

clintonG said:
After upgrading from Beta 2 to 2.0 an application and iterative
copies of it throw a dialog at me which stating "Stack overflow at
line: 0" and I have no idea how to debug this or what changed in 2.0
to cause it to occur.
The dialog is displayed by click events such as selecting the button
of a MultiView control, or selecting the next step button of a Wizard
control.
Any ideas how to debug this?

Clinton,

The best way to debug a stack overflow is to debug it post-mortem. You might
want to check out my blog, specifically the post on Clarifications on
Debugging.

--
Jim Cheshire

Latest entry: Digging into Objects
Describes the details of digging into
memory usage with the debugger.

clintonG

Thanks for the tip Chris. I've read through that article and used the
automated tool Microsoft provided rather than the manual process. I'm going
to be reading through Jim Cheshire's blog as he suggests .

<%= Clinton Gallagher