    HashPasswordForStoringInConfigFile, with the SHA method. How do I decrypt
    it?

    Augusto

    Augusto Rocha, Feb 19, 2004

  2. You probably don't want to decrypt it. (shouldn't) You should just encrypt
    what the user types in and have your query look for the hashed version. If
    you are trying to retrieve a password, you should just reset it and have the
    user generate a new one.

    HTH,

    bill

    William F. Robertson, Jr., Feb 19, 2004

  3. Augusto Rocha

    Karl Jensen Guest

    Right ,
    per deifintion hash is one->way.
    If you you can decrypt it then it becomes useless.
    The security is broken...

    Karl Jensen, Feb 19, 2004