How do I delete an ASP.NET Web application from a remote server?

Joanne Shovelton

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to delete a web application from my
remote hosting server without asking my hosting company to do it
manually in IIS?

I recently discovered that I can set up sub folders of my remote web
site as web application root directories if I upload using FrontPage
Extensions. So I was wondering if I could use a similar process to
delete the web application root directory.

I have previously tried simply deleting the web application root
folder using an FTP client. This got rid of all the files but clearly
it did not remove the site from the remote IIS because it would not
allow me to set up another web application root folder with the same
name.

Thanks for any tips.

Joanne