    determination.

    Thanks!

    , Nov 1, 2006

  2. red floyd Guest

    Re: How do I determine if a CPU supports Uniprocessors/Multiprocessorsor only ACPI

    wrote:
    > I have an application I'm supporting that needs to determine whether or
    > not a CPU supports Uni/Multi-processors or just ACPI. The original
    > developer determined this by testing the CPUID features bits against
    > 0xBFF(Uni/Multi support) and 0x9FF (ACPI only support).
    >
    > This doesn't seem to be working properly with some of the newer Intel
    > Chipsets (i915M, i945M, etc).
    >
    > I know very little about the CPUID and the feature sets. I was
    > wondering if anyone out there could help me understand this and
    > hopefully help me figure out a more reliable way to make this
    > determination.

    And your C++ language question would be? Please see:

    red floyd, Nov 1, 2006

  3. Rymfax Guest

    On Oct 31, 7:16 pm, red floyd <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I have an application I'm supporting that needs to determine whether or
    > > not a CPU supports Uni/Multi-processors or just ACPI. The original
    > > developer determined this by testing the CPUID features bits against
    > > 0xBFF(Uni/Multi support) and 0x9FF (ACPI only support).

    > > This doesn't seem to be working properly with some of the newer Intel
    > > Chipsets (i915M, i945M, etc).

    > > I know very little about the CPUID and the feature sets. I was
    > > wondering if anyone out there could help me understand this and
    > > hopefully help me figure out a more reliable way to make this
    > > determination.And your C++ language question would be? Please see:

    > http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

    I guess my C++ question would be: Using C++, how do I determine whether
    or not the CPU supports Uniprocessors/Multiprocessors or just ACPI?

    Rymfax, Nov 1, 2006
  4. Rymfax wrote:
    > [..]
    > I guess my C++ question would be: Using C++, how do I determine
    > whether or not the CPU supports Uniprocessors/Multiprocessors or just
    > ACPI?

    The answer to your question is "there is no means in C++ language and
    library to do that". You need to use OS-specific mechanism for that.

    Victor Bazarov, Nov 1, 2006