    file?

    TIA

    Larry
    Larry, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Move it, then they will get a 404 (or, you can use a custom 404 error page
    to handle it more gracefully).

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    "Larry" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > one of my downloadable programs is redundant but there are still a bunch

    of
    > links out there that point to the .exe directly ...
    >
    > how do I redirect the browser to another url when someone requests the

    ..exe

    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Dec 3, 2003

  3. Larry

    Larry Guest

    Thanks for the reply.

    I realise I could move or remove it and the browser would see a 404 .. what
    I was looking for was some sort of redirect to another page, (I suppose it
    would be a sort of a custom 404) .... I'm afraid I don't know what to do to
    create a "custom 404" page - any info on how to do this would be
    appreciated!

    Thanks again

    Larry

    Larry, Dec 3, 2003
  4. > I realise I could move or remove it and the browser would see a 404 ..

    http://www.aspfaq.com/2162

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP
    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Dec 3, 2003
  5. Larry

    Larry Guest

    I appreciate your help.

    Unfortunately, I created my site with interdev and it is stored on a virtual
    server - I have no access to IIS directly. If I understand correctly, I have
    to be able to instruct IIS to refer to the the custom 404 page.

    As the IIS console isn't available to me, am I right in thinking I have to
    contact my host and ask them to set it up?

    Is this the only way around the problem?

    Larry, Dec 3, 2003