    Is there a standard similar to UML for classes-/ objectrelations?

    Thanks for information and greetings,
    matthias

    Matthias Reining, Feb 15, 2006

  2. Matthias Reining

    IchBin Guest

    Matthias Reining wrote:
    > Hello,
    > is there a standard model how to document plugin dependencies in an
    > eclipse rich client application?
    >
    > In my case I have a project based on eclipse rcp. Many plugin's that are
    > connected over extension points and extensions. Some plugin's depends on
    > other plugin's and so on.
    >
    > Is there a standard similar to UML for classes-/ objectrelations?
    >
    > Thanks for information and greetings,
    > matthias

    You may get answers here, to your questions, about Eclipse's rcp but it
    would make better sense to post to the rcp group at Eclipse's news
    server at news.gmane.org

    eclipse.platform.rcp

    You will need a free account to post to these groups. You can obtain
    this at http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups
    at the top left part of the screen under "Related Links" - "Request a
    password".

    Thanks in Advance...
    IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

    -William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

    IchBin, Feb 15, 2006

  3. Matthias Reining

    Guest

    Hello... :)

    I think i must begin with the advertisment section...

    1.- My English is bad (as you can see)
    2.- I'm not an expert in eclipse
    3.- My English could be better than my answer ;)

    Well... the question:

    > Hello,
    > is there a standard model how to document plugin dependencies in an
    > eclipse rich client application?

    In think eclipse follow (+ or -) the "independent extensibility
    paradigm". This makes eclipse more "component oriented" than "object
    oriented". A eclipse feature is a "component" and a eclipse plugin is
    an "atomic component". In component theory (see "Component Software" of
    Clemens Szypersky) a component is a "unit of documentation". The
    framework (eclipse itself) deals with component dependencies (look at
    the MANIFEST.MF file in the META-INF folder of each plugin and follow:
    dependecies -> show the plugin dependency hiererchy)

    > In my case I have a project based on eclipse rcp. Many plugin's that are
    > connected over extension points and extensions. Some plugin's depends on
    > other plugin's and so on.

    Be careful with the amount of plugins. Maximizing reuse ==> minimizes
    use (because of the context dependecies explosion)

    > Thanks for information and greetings,
    > matthias

    your wellcome matthias.

    At your disposition