    --
    Sad news about Tad - condolences to his family and friends. He will
    be missed on this newsgroup, and by me.
    David Filmer, May 6, 2012

  2. David Filmer

    brian d foy Guest

    In article <>, Ben Morrow
    <> wrote:

    > Quoth David Filmer <>:
    > > I am running old CGIs on a new box. I use the module
    > > Convert::ASCII::String, which no longer appears on CPAN searches.

    > In the general case I would try asking .

    In the general case, before you bother them, try BackPAN:
    http://backpan.perl.org, which has almost every distribution
    ever uploaded. As you note, Google is helpful too.

    > Once a
    > namespace has been registered on CPAN, it never gets unregistered,

    That's not quite true. If you look the bottom of your Module Metadata
    page, you'll see a "Lifecycle" field. One of the options is "Can be
    removed from database".
    brian d foy, May 6, 2012