How Do I Find How Many Occurrences of ";" there are in a value?

MSUTech

Hello,

I am working on an asp page.. I would like to find out how many semi-colons
exist in a request variable. I thought I could use something like INSTR,
but, that just tells me WHERE the first occurrence is. Is there another way
to find out HOW MANY occurrences there are within an entire variable?

thanks,

Chip

McKirahan

MSUTech said:
Hello,

I am working on an asp page.. I would like to find out how many semi-colons
exist in a request variable. I thought I could use something like INSTR,
but, that just tells me WHERE the first occurrence is. Is there another way
to find out HOW MANY occurrences there are within an entire variable?

thanks,

Chip

UBound(Split(your_string,";"))

Phill. W

.. . .
I would like to find out how many semi-colons exist in a request variable.

Just to be different ...

sVar = Request.QueryString( "Var" )
iLen = Len( sVar ) - Len( Replace( sVar, ";", "" ) )

HTH,
Phill W.