    finding out its IP address?
    I'm using VC++ 5.

    Thanks
    Daniel Czajko, Oct 11, 2004

  2. Daniel Czajko

    Alwyn Guest

    In article <BPDad.79201$>, Daniel Czajko
    <> wrote:

    > Given that I already have a remote computer's name, how would I go about
    > finding out its IP address?
    > I'm using VC++ 5.

    'gethostbyname' is usual on Posix-compliant systems, which, I believe,
    current MS Windows claims to be.
    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winsoc
    k/winsock/gethostbyname_2.asp>

    It's not a part of standard C++, though, but I think it ought to be.

    Alwyn
    Alwyn, Oct 12, 2004

  3. On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:26:02 -0400, "Daniel Czajko"
    <> wrote:

    >Given that I already have a remote computer's name, how would I go about
    >finding out its IP address?
    >I'm using VC++ 5.

    By asking in a group that deals with VC.

    <<Remove the del for email>>
    Barry Schwarz, Oct 12, 2004
  4. Daniel Czajko

    kesahey

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    How can i find the computer ip address?

    How can i check my computer ip address.I just visit the site named ip-details.com & check my ISP ip address. But i want to find the computer ip address by any coding method. Need help pls???
    kesahey, Oct 21, 2009