    amanda Guest

    I heard there is one here but How Do I find Out About Java Group
    meeting locally?
    amanda, Nov 8, 2006

  2. amanda

    Rhino Guest

    "amanda" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I heard there is one here but How Do I find Out About Java Group
    > meeting locally?

    Where is "here"? Brussels? Boston? Botswana? Bolivia?

    There is a list of JUGs (Java User Groups) at the Sun site:
    http://community.java.net/jugs/listing_country.csp

    --
    Rhino
    Rhino, Nov 9, 2006

  3. amanda

    amanda Guest

    Rhino wrote:
    > "amanda" <> wrote in message
    > >I heard there is one here but How Do I find Out About Java Group
    > > meeting locally?
    > >

    > Where is "here"? Brussels? Boston? Botswana? Bolivia?

    Here is where I live:)- What's with B, btw?

    > There is a list of JUGs (Java User Groups) at the Sun site:
    > http://community.java.net/jugs/listing_country.csp

    Thanks. I was able to find it through google as well.

    amanda, Nov 9, 2006
  4. amanda

    Wardie Guest

    amanda wrote:

    > > Where is "here"? Brussels? Boston? Botswana? Bolivia?

    > Here is where I live:)-

    Actually, from everyone else's point of view that's "there".

    I'm sure that helps :eek:)
    Wardie, Nov 9, 2006
  5. amanda

    Rhino Guest

    "amanda" <> wrote in message

    > Rhino wrote:
    >> "amanda" <> wrote in message
    >> >I heard there is one here but How Do I find Out About Java Group
    >> > meeting locally?
    >> >

    >> Where is "here"? Brussels? Boston? Botswana? Bolivia?

    > Here is where I live:)-

    I suspect that would be true of pretty much everyone on the face of the
    earth....

    From your question, it seemed that you were trying to find out if there was
    a JUG in your particular town, whose identity was notably absent from your
    question.

    > What's with B, btw?

    The first city that popped into my head was Brussels. The alliteration just
    followed naturally. Must be my poetic side expressing itself....

    >> There is a list of JUGs (Java User Groups) at the Sun site:
    >> http://community.java.net/jugs/listing_country.csp

    > Thanks. I was able to find it through google as well.

    I'm glad you found the list and hope you found an actual functional JUG in
    your area. There's supposed to be one in this area but I think it only ever
    had one member and he apparently gave up on it because he never replied to
    my email.

    --
    Rhino
    Rhino, Nov 9, 2006
  6. amanda

    Lew Guest

    amanda wrote:
    >>> I heard there is one here but How Do I find Out About Java Group
    >>> meeting locally?

    > Rhino wrote:
    >> Where is "here"? Brussels? Boston? Botswana? Bolivia?

    > Here is where I live:)- What's with B, btw?

    How come you didn't capitalize the 'f' in "find"?

    - Lew
    Lew, Nov 12, 2006