how do I fix CSS?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by richard, Mar 5, 2012.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    richard, Mar 5, 2012

  2. Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 5, 2012

  3. richard

    dorayme Guest

    In article <1lw18tjlvba7a.14v9t7fnkjn3m$>,
    richard <> wrote:

    > http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html
    >
    > The border for the ul li does not adjust for it's content.
    > Why? And how to correct so that it does?

    You are inline displaying the lists, there are complicated things
    about borders.

    Try these styles instead:

    #wrapit li
    {
    display: inline-block;
    list-style-type: none;
    margin: 5px;
    border: 5px solid [choose a colour];
    }

    #wrapit li img {display: block;}

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 5, 2012
  4. richard

    richard Guest

    richard, Mar 5, 2012
  5. richard

    Doug Miller Guest

    richard <> wrote in news:p91yb73rctvq.1vn4dbuptwahl$.dlg@
    40tude.net:

    > On Mon, 5 Mar 2012 21:14:22 +0000 (UTC), Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >> richard wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html
    >>>
    >>> The border for the ul li does not adjust for it's [SIC] content. Why?
    >>> And how to correct so that it does? I have overflow:hidden, but does
    >>> nothing.

    >> 404 http://www.1littleworld.net/css/lightbox.css

    > because that directory does not exist, dumbass

    Which, dumbass, is part of your problem.

    > and I am not using that stylesheet at all.

    Yes, you are:

    <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

    And you've just earned a new nickname: RtD = Richard the Dumbass.

    > I am using slimbox 2.

    Look at the source for your page, RtD.
    Doug Miller, Mar 6, 2012
  6. Doug Miller wrote:

    > richard the sto0pid dumbass wrote:
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>>
    >>> 404 http://www.1littleworld.net/css/lightbox.css

    >> because that directory does not exist, dumbass

    > Which, dumbass, is part of your problem.
    >
    > And you've just earned a new nickname: RtD = Richard the Dumbass.

    I like it!!!

    >> I am using slimebox 2.

    > Look at the source for your page, RtD.

    Does he know how? I doubt he could write any code by hand.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 6, 2012