    Any ideas on forcing the browser to fit the page on the screen?

    Thanks,
    Ron
    Ron Brennan, Mar 18, 2006

  2. On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 21:23:55 +0100, Ron Brennan <> wrote:

    > Good afternoon,

    Afternoon? Hmm..

    > I have a page that contains a table that has cells that sometimes contain
    > just text and other times text and a jpeg image.

    > Any ideas on forcing the browser to fit the page on the screen?

    Use Opera as your browser and use the 'fit page to window width' button.
    Et voila

    --
    ______PretLetters:
    | weblog | http://www.pretletters.net/weblog/weblog.html |
    Barbara de Zoete, Mar 18, 2006

  3. Ron Brennan

    Ron Brennan Guest

    I'm writing an application for other people's browsers.

    Yes, afternoon here in Ottawa, Canada. 4:05 PM to be precise.

    Ron Brennan, Mar 18, 2006
  4. Ron Brennan

    kchayka Guest

    Ron Brennan wrote:

    > Any ideas on forcing the browser to fit the page on the screen?

    Post a URL so we can see your particular situation.

    See also:
    <URL:http://www.allmyfaqs.net/faq.pl?AnySizeDesign>

    kchayka, Mar 18, 2006
  5. Ron Brennan

    Ron Brennan Guest

    http://www.quick-trader.com/

    Click on More at the bottom of the page, and the next page will show the
    problem.

    Ron

    Ron Brennan, Mar 19, 2006
  6. Ron Brennan

    kchayka Guest

    Ron Brennan wrote:
    > http://www.quick-trader.com/
    >
    > Click on More at the bottom of the page, and the next page will show the
    > problem.

    Sorry, but your page doesn't work in my browser. Clicking on More
    doesn't do anything. I do get an error in the JavaScript console, though:

    Error: document.getElementById("localeSelect").attachEvent is not a function
    Source File: http://www.quick-trader.com/
    Line: 183

    So, you have bigger problems to resolve before you tackle any minor
    visual quirks. Why don't you just use regular links instead of these
    useless onClick events?

    kchayka, Mar 19, 2006
  7. Ron Brennan wrote:

    > http://www.quick-trader.com/
    >
    > Click on More at the bottom of the page, and the next page will show
    > the problem.

    More >> doesn't do anything, with either JavaScript on or off.
    Firefox.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 19, 2006
  8. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Ron Brennan wrote:
    >

    >>http://www.quick-trader.com/
    >>
    >>Click on More at the bottom of the page, and the next page will show
    >>the problem.

    > More >> doesn't do anything, with either JavaScript on or off.
    > Firefox.

    Well it does show an underline on mouseover! He is TRYING to make a SPAN
    a submit button, very very bad idea....

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 19, 2006
  9. Ron Brennan

    Jim Moe Guest

    kchayka wrote:
    >> http://www.quick-trader.com/
    >>

    > Sorry, but your page doesn't work in my browser. Clicking on More
    > doesn't do anything. I do get an error in the JavaScript console, though:
    >
    > Error: document.getElementById("localeSelect").attachEvent is not a function
    > Source File: http://www.quick-trader.com/
    > Line: 183

    He fixed that one. It still does nothing because there is no link or
    onclick method.
    Now there is a JS error generated every time there is a mouseover in one
    of the product cells, lots and lots of errors, all saying:

    Error: Expected color but found 'F4FA9E'. Error in parsing value for
    property 'background-color'. Declaration dropped.
    Source File: http://www.quick-trader.com/
    Line: 0

    (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)
    Jim Moe, Mar 19, 2006
  10. Ron Brennan

    Ron Brennan Guest

    I should have said before, this release of the application only works with
    Internet Exporer 5.0 and later. Much of it was written quite awhile ago.

    I'll just have to keep on hacking, I guess, and post the answer when I find
    it.

    Thanks for looking at it.

    Ron Brennan, Mar 19, 2006
  11. Ron Brennan wrote:
    > I should have said before, this release of the application only works with
    > Internet Exporer 5.0 and later. Much of it was written quite awhile ago.
    >
    > I'll just have to keep on hacking, I guess, and post the answer when I find
    > it.
    >
    > Thanks for looking at it.

    Don't have to worry about my business! Just to put it out there the last
    month on my site MSIE was down to 63% and falling from a high of 98% 2
    years ago, I think back then the 2% traffic was me ;-)

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 19, 2006
  12. Ron Brennan

    Ron Brennan Guest

    > Don't have to worry about my business! Just to put it out there the last
    > month on my site MSIE was down to 63% and falling from a high of 98% 2

    years ago.

    Jonathan,

    I am interested to hear that. I promote Quick Trader on the Internet as
    being a public site. It was about two years that the application was written
    and at that time the competition was Netscape which was falling out of
    sight. Other than the immediate problem it caused me, I am encouraged by
    your observations.

    Ron
    Ron Brennan, Mar 19, 2006
  13. Ron Brennan

    Wÿrm Guest

    "Ron Brennan" <> kirjoitti
    viestissä:...

    >I should have said before, this release of the application only works with
    > Internet Exporer 5.0 and later.

    You do realize that because of way site uses JavaScript it is not getting
    anywhere in search engines, don't you? Then again it's good if site do not
    get visitors ONLY from search engines, but they can give nice extra
    sometimes :)

    <snip>
    Wÿrm, Mar 19, 2006
  14. Ron Brennan wrote:

    >>Don't have to worry about my business! Just to put it out there the last
    >>month on my site MSIE was down to 63% and falling from a high of 98% 2

    > years ago.
    >
    > Jonathan,
    >
    > I am interested to hear that. I promote Quick Trader on the Internet as
    > being a public site. It was about two years that the application was written
    > and at that time the competition was Netscape which was falling out of
    > sight. Other than the immediate problem it caused me, I am encouraged by
    > your observations.

    I would be very concerned if I were blocking 37% of my visitors only
    because of using a *very non-standard* navigation and form submittal
    system. In fact I reworked my own recently just to accommodate the less
    than 10% (actually I have see far less that that will my customers)that
    have cookies and javascript disabled.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan