How do I get a code signing certificate with a 2048-bit key?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Gary Gonzalez, Nov 22, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    I need a code signing certificate with a 2048-bit key to deploy a Windows
    SxS assembly:

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/aa374228.aspx

    And it also says for Vista best practices to use a cert with a 2048 bit key:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnlong/html/AccProtVista.asp

    The problem is that Verisgn cannot provide me with a 2048 bit key. They only
    can get me a 1024 bit key. But they say it is an IE/Windows issue, sinve the
    PVK file comes from IE - not Verisign. I asked if IE 7/Vista would give me a
    2048 bit key and they said that they could not confrim that in their testing.
    As a practical matter, you can't test it because their site doesn't quite
    work with IE 7.

    My question: How in world can I get a 2048 bit key with my code signing cert?

    Thanks,

    Gary

    Gary Gonzalez, Nov 22, 2006

  2. Gary Gonzalez

    Guest Guest

    Hmmm, not sure I understand this. The key size is specified when you create
    the request. How are you requesting your code signing certificate?

    Guest, Dec 13, 2006