How do i get rid of the weird message in the eventlog

bas jaburg

Hi,

I am using the Microsoft Application BuildingBolock (Freudian slip,
hahaha) Exception Management and am using a CustomPublisher. This goes
fine and it write's stuff the Windows EventLog.

However, each entry starts with the following:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( <<appname>> ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following
information is part of the event:

What does this mean? And how do I get rid of it. I just want to write
the InnerException.Message of my Sercer.LastError and do not need all
this crap.

Help greatly appreciated.

Bas Jaburg
www.jaburg.com

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Bas,

That means that Event Viewer was unable to locate the event source on the
machine in which you are viewing it. Are you viewing the Event Viewer logs
from a remote machine by any chance?

Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
ASP.NET
Developer Support
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------

bas jaburg

Hi Jim,

actually no. I am running the web app on my local machine and am
publishing to my local machine aswell.

Bas

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Bas,

The message indicates that Event Viewer could not find an event source for
Exception Management Application Block. Those event sources are configured
using InstallUtil.exe to register the installer class.

More information on doing this is in the Exception Management Application
Block deployment documentation. Look for the documentation on xcopy
deployment.

Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
ASP.NET
Developer Support