    ruby184-17_rc2.exe gives me a ruby.exe which produces a shell that doesn't
    appear to listen to me.

    Ray Reeves

    rayreeves, May 30, 2006

  2. Minkoo Seo

    Minkoo Seo Guest

    Run irb.bat which is in 'bin' directory. It is an interactive
    ruby program which is useful.

    Sincerely,
    Minkoo Seo

    Minkoo Seo, May 30, 2006

  3. Dave Burt

    Dave Burt Guest

    rayreeves wrote:
    > Ruby one-click installation on Ruby Forge justs gives me the runaround and
    > never lets me download anything.
    >
    > ruby184-17_rc2.exe gives me a ruby.exe which produces a shell that doesn't
    > appear to listen to me.

    It's working.

    Try typing "puts 'hello world'" (without the outer quotes) into that
    prompt, press enter, type Ctrl+Z, enter again.

    This is Ruby in "get a program from standard input" mode. You may find
    it more useful to use IRB (interactive ruby; type "irb" from the Windows
    command shell) or to put your program in a text file with the suffix .rb
    and then run it:

    C:\> copy con hello.rb
    puts 'hello world'
    ^Z