    in order to create the temp file.

    How do I get the parameter and value of clients web browser temporary
    system path?

    thisis, Oct 28, 2006

  2. thisis

    Mike Brind Guest

    "thisis" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > myGetImage.asp is suppose to create a temporary file in the client
    > side,
    > and display in on the client web browser.
    >
    > myGetImage.asp needs to know the clients web browser temporary system
    > path,
    > in order to create the temp file.
    >
    > How do I get the parameter and value of clients web browser temporary
    > system path?

    You don't have access to the client filesystem for obvious security reasons.
    Therefore you can't.

    --
    Mike Brind

    Mike Brind, Oct 28, 2006

  3. thisis

    thisis Guest

    Hi Mike Brind,
    i don't understand your answer, if your correct than:
    how ie/ff allows creation on temp files, on the cache folder of clients

    your answer is very general, could you please elborate it, ponting
    specific to my case..

    thisis, Oct 28, 2006
  4. thisis

    Evertjan. Guest

    thisis wrote on 28 okt 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > Mike Brind wrote:
    >> "thisis" <> wrote in message
    >> > Hi All,
    >> >
    >> > myGetImage.asp is suppose to create a temporary file in the client
    >> > side,
    >> > and display in on the client web browser.
    >> >
    >> > myGetImage.asp needs to know the clients web browser temporary
    >> > system path,
    >> > in order to create the temp file.
    >> >
    >> > How do I get the parameter and value of clients web browser
    >> > temporary system path?
    >> >

    >> You don't have access to the client filesystem for obvious security
    >> reasons. Therefore you can't.

    [Please do not toppost on usenet]

    > i don't understand your answer, if your correct than:
    > how ie/ff allows creation on temp files, on the cache folder of
    > clients
    >
    > your answer is very general, could you please elborate it, ponting
    > specific to my case..

    "you" is the clientside code you put in your page, that has no access to
    the client's hard disk under normal internet security settings of the
    browser.

    "The browser" itself has access to do it's job, but "you" don't.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Oct 28, 2006
  5. The browser is a trusted executable that is running on the client's machine.
    ASP / JavaScript code is missing at least one of those requirements.

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], Oct 28, 2006
  6. thisis

    thisis Guest

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP] wrote:
    > The browser is a trusted executable that is running on the client's machine.
    > ASP / JavaScript code is missing at least one of those requirements.
    >
    > > i don't understand your answer, if your correct than:
    > > how ie/ff allows creation on temp files, on the cache folder of clients

    Hi Aaron,

    the file that i want to create is an image file type - bmp jpg gif...-
    it is not a trusted exe.

    i don't want to create the file on the server, because each user opens
    a session,
    and if i have several users on parallell time, the web server will be
    very busy processing the users requests.

    thisis, Oct 29, 2006
  7. >> The browser is a trusted executable that is running on the client's
    >> machine.
    >> ASP / JavaScript code is missing at least one of those requirements.
    >>
    >> > i don't understand your answer, if your correct than:
    >> > how ie/ff allows creation on temp files, on the cache folder of clients

    > Hi Aaron,
    >
    > the file that i want to create is an image file type - bmp jpg gif...-
    > it is not a trusted exe.

    Yes, I am well aware of that. I was trying to explain why Internet Explorer
    can create files on the user's hard drive, but you can't.

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], Oct 29, 2006
  8. thisis

    thisis Guest

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP] wrote:
    > >> The browser is a trusted executable that is running on the client's
    > >> machine.
    > >> ASP / JavaScript code is missing at least one of those requirements.

    > > Hi Aaron,
    > >
    > > the file that i want to create is an image file type - bmp jpg gif...-
    > > it is not a trusted exe.

    > Yes, I am well aware of that. I was trying to explain why Internet Explorer
    > can create files on the user's hard drive, but you can't.

    Hi Aaron Bertrand,
    i thought there is a kind of synonim, i thought using to ;
    Request.ServerVariables("ALL_RAW")
    as;
    Request.CleintVariables("ALL_RAW")

    but now i see there are non