How do I get the value of the scrollbar?

joe

How do I get the value of the scrollbar when my window is scrolled vertical or
horizontal -wise?

What if the user has Javascript disabled is there a generic solution?

marss

joe said:
How do I get the value of the scrollbar when my window is scrolled vertical or
horizontal -wise?

What if the user has Javascript disabled is there a generic solution?

If javascript enabled: document.body.scrollLeft and
document.body.scrollLeft
I doubt whether it has solution if javascript is disabled.

Lee

joe said:
What if the user has Javascript disabled is there a generic solution?

Think that through. What are you planning to do with the value if
you can get it, if Javascript is disabled?

joe

Lee said:
joe said:

Think that through. What are you planning to do with the value if
you can get it, if Javascript is disabled?

If Javascipt is disabled is there an HTML or Perl workaround?

Lee

joe said:
If Javascipt is disabled is there an HTML or Perl workaround?

HTML is not a programming language.
Perl doesn't normally execute on the client-side. Particularly
not if they've disabled Javascript.
There might be a way to do what you want with CSS (if that's not
disabled, too), but that would depend on what it is that you want
to do.