    How do I get the value of the scrollbar when my window is scrolled vertical or
    horizontal -wise?

    What if the user has Javascript disabled is there a generic solution?
    joe, Nov 9, 2006

  2. joe

    marss Guest

    joe wrote:
    > How do I get the value of the scrollbar when my window is scrolled vertical or
    > horizontal -wise?
    >
    > What if the user has Javascript disabled is there a generic solution?

    If javascript enabled: document.body.scrollLeft and
    document.body.scrollLeft
    I doubt whether it has solution if javascript is disabled.
    marss, Nov 9, 2006

  3. joe

    Lee Guest

    joe said:

    >What if the user has Javascript disabled is there a generic solution?

    Think that through. What are you planning to do with the value if
    you can get it, if Javascript is disabled?

    Lee, Nov 9, 2006
  4. joe

    joe Guest

    Lee <> wrote:

    >joe said:
    >
    >>What if the user has Javascript disabled is there a generic solution?

    >Think that through. What are you planning to do with the value if
    >you can get it, if Javascript is disabled?

    If Javascipt is disabled is there an HTML or Perl workaround?
    joe, Nov 9, 2006
  5. joe

    Lee Guest

    joe said:

    >Lee <> wrote:
    >
    >>joe said:
    >>
    >>>What if the user has Javascript disabled is there a generic solution?

    >>Think that through. What are you planning to do with the value if
    >>you can get it, if Javascript is disabled?

    >If Javascipt is disabled is there an HTML or Perl workaround?

    HTML is not a programming language.
    Perl doesn't normally execute on the client-side. Particularly
    not if they've disabled Javascript.
    There might be a way to do what you want with CSS (if that's not
    disabled, too), but that would depend on what it is that you want
    to do.

    Lee, Nov 9, 2006