How do I get the WebMethodAttribute from within a webmethod?

Doug

I need the description out of the WebMethodAttribute on my web method. I
want to be able to throw my own exception and tell it what method threw the
exception...I am totally at a loss for how to "create" a webmethodattribute
class?

Here is my code...

<WebMethod(Description:="my bad webmethod")> _
Public Function MyBadWebmethod() as string
try
throw new MyAppException("something went wrong")
catch ex as MyAppException
dim wma as WebMethodAttribute

' How do I get a reference to this methods WebMethodAttribute
class?
dim sdesc as string

dim soapex as new soapexception(......
End Function

thanks
Doug

Tomas Restrepo \(MVP\)

Doug,
I need the description out of the WebMethodAttribute on my web method. I
want to be able to throw my own exception and tell it what method threw the
exception...I am totally at a loss for how to "create" a webmethodattribute
class?

Use reflection. Just use the GetCustomAttributes() method of the MethodInfo
class for this.