How do I grab a session from the server by sessionID

Guest

Is it possible to grab a session object from the server for a given session ID?

I have two URLs that go to the same location... one secure and one not. I would like to pass the session over when the user goes from the first URL to the secure URL. However, since the cookie is not sent on the second URL the session is lost. However, I had thought that I could pragmatically pass the session id and establish the session again. Unfortunately, all the setting of the session in HTTPContext, Page etc. seems to be off limits to the programmer. Is there any way to get access this stuff to re-establish a session based on a sessionID?

One thought was to use cookieless sessions, but this is not an option in this case. I'd really just like to know how to set this stuff programatically.

Thanks, Shawn

Kevin Spencer

Anything you want shared betwen Sessions would have to go into some memory
space that is globally available to all Sessions, such as Application or
Application Cache, or a database.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer