How do I have to setup an EntityBean if a foreign key is referenced by a CASCADE ?

Arnold Peters

Assume I defined (at least) two SQL tables. The first table contains a foreign key of the second.
The primary key of the second table is defined similar to

CREATE TABLE .....
ADD FOREIGN KEY(customer_id) REFERENCES customer (customer_id) ON DELETE CASCADE;

Pay attention to the "DELETE CASCADE". Thus if I delete a record of the second table
automatically the referenced record in the first table is deleted as well.

Ok, now I define for each of the tables (resp. possible records) an EntityBean.

What do I have to change in the setup/coding of each of the two EntityBeans in order
to treat the foreign key REFERENCE correctly?

Do I really have to do nothing more?

That would mean an EntityBean would recognize the reference by itself without help.
I cannot believe that.

Does someone have an experience with that scenario?

Arnold