How do I import a CSV data into an Access DB?

john_aspinall

For a kick off sorry if this is the wrong forum, Ill go on the Access
one if Im not on the right board!

Anyways, Ive got a problem and am not sure if its going to be solved
programatically using ASP or not.

Here's the overview:

Im building an eCommerce web site using ASP. It has an Access DB at
the back end. Im receiving the Product info from a series of CSV
files. Ive created a Table in Access called 'Products' and the two
fields which concern me are called 'ProductID' and 'Price'. The
product prices change regularly, sometimes quaterly. The updated
prices will be received in the CSV file.

Here's the problem:

I want to somehow get the 'Prices' field in the datbase to be updated
automatically whenver a new CSV file comes in, I dont want to manually
type all the updated prices.

How would I get this done? Can it be done in Access or would I have to
get some sort of ASP program code to do it? Im not a programmer so
would appreciate an 'idiots guide' if poss!

Cheers....John

Bob Barrows [MVP]

[...]

You cannot do this in ASP. Access has builtin functionality to import data.
You should post to an Access group for details. You will need to combine
this functionality with a program that will periodically check a folder for
new files to be imported. You will need a programmer for this. It is not a
task for an "idiot" ;-)