How do I insert date of web page into the web page?

Bob K.

I'm sure I saw a method some time ago of how to capture the
date of an HTML file and place it into the HTML file itself.

Obvious use is to show the "date updated" of the web page.

Thanks,
Bob

Neal

I'm sure I saw a method some time ago of how to capture the
date of an HTML file and place it into the HTML file itself.

Obvious use is to show the "date updated" of the web page.

Thanks,
Bob

SSI can do this.

John McGaw

Bob K. said:
I'm sure I saw a method some time ago of how to capture the
date of an HTML file and place it into the HTML file itself.

Obvious use is to show the "date updated" of the web page.

Thanks,
Bob

On each of my site's pages I have a construction like this which appears at
the bottom of the left navigation bar:

<!--#config timefmt="%Y-%m-%d" -->
Last modified:<br />
<!--#echo var="LAST_MODIFIED" -->

This, of course, depends on having SSI working but that seems to be pretty
common on many servers although some hosting companies, like mine, make the
methods for enabling it none too clear (even to their own employees if the
answers I received on my way to the truth are any indication).

Stephen T. Fox

I found the javascript "datestamp.js" to work for me. If you want it, I will
send it to you. I put it in a javascript directory on my site and use the
following code on each page:

<script type="text/javascript" src="javascript/datestamp.js">
</script>

See it at http://home1.gte.net/res04j39/index.html

Stephen

On each of my site's pages I have a construction like this which appears at
the bottom of the left navigation bar:

<!--#config timefmt="%Y-%m-%d" -->
Last modified:
<!--#echo var="LAST_MODIFIED" --> </div>This, of course,