    Obvious use is to show the "date updated" of the web page.

    Thanks,
    Bob
    Bob K., May 14, 2004

  2. Bob K.

    Neal Guest

    On 14 May 2004 19:47:19 GMT, Bob K. <> wrote:

    > I'm sure I saw a method some time ago of how to capture the
    > date of an HTML file and place it into the HTML file itself.
    >
    > Obvious use is to show the "date updated" of the web page.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    SSI can do this.
    Neal, May 14, 2004

  3. Bob K.

    John McGaw Guest

    "Bob K." <> wrote in message
    > I'm sure I saw a method some time ago of how to capture the
    > date of an HTML file and place it into the HTML file itself.
    >
    > Obvious use is to show the "date updated" of the web page.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    On each of my site's pages I have a construction like this which appears at
    the bottom of the left navigation bar:

    <!--#config timefmt="%Y-%m-%d" -->
    Last modified:<br />
    <!--#echo var="LAST_MODIFIED" -->

    This, of course, depends on having SSI working but that seems to be pretty
    common on many servers although some hosting companies, like mine, make the
    methods for enabling it none too clear (even to their own employees if the
    answers I received on my way to the truth are any indication).
    --
    John McGaw
    [Knoxville, TN, USA]
    John McGaw, May 14, 2004
  4. I found the javascript "datestamp.js" to work for me. If you want it, I will
    send it to you. I put it in a javascript directory on my site and use the
    following code on each page:

    <script type="text/javascript" src="javascript/datestamp.js">
    </script>

    See it at http://home1.gte.net/res04j39/index.html

    Stephen

    Stephen T. Fox, May 15, 2004
  5. Bob K.

    Bob K. Guest

    >On each of my site's pages I have a construction like this which appears at
    >the bottom of the left navigation bar:

    > <!--#config timefmt="%Y-%m-%d" -->
    > Last modified:
    > <!--#echo var="LAST_MODIFIED" --> </div>This, of course,
    >depends on having SSI working but that seems to be prettycommon on many
    >servers although some hosting companies, like mine, make themethods for
    >enabling it none too clear (even to their own employees if theanswers I
    >received on my way to the truth are any indication).-- John McGaw[Knoxville,
    >TN, USA]http://johnmcgaw.com

    Hmm.. That didn't work, but I may have been hacking away
    with the wrong commands!!

    My server is an MS system, I use .ASP filetypes to get SSI
    This one worked:
    Your browser is <% = Request.ServerVariables("http_user_agent") %>
    & so did this:
    The time here is <%= now %>

    Am I getting mixed up between 'unix' & 'MS' versions of SSI??

    Bob
    Bob K., May 16, 2004
  6. Bob K. wrote:

    > My server is an MS system, I use .ASP filetypes to get SSI
    > This one worked:
    > Your browser is <% = Request.ServerVariables("http_user_agent") %>
    > & so did this:
    > The time here is <%= now %>
    >
    > Am I getting mixed up between 'unix' & 'MS' versions of SSI??

    The above samples are not SSI at all -- they're ASP.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, May 16, 2004