How do i install a MSI file from webserver on the client machine.

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Suresh, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. Suresh

    Suresh Guest

    Hi All,

    I have a web server running on a machine. When the users
    connect to that machine, it loads the ASP page. The ASP
    page has a ActiveX control on it and it gets downloaded to
    the client's machine. I have made the control as a signed
    control so there is no problem in download.

    Likewise, in the virtual directory path on the server, I
    have one clientsettings.MSI and that needs to be run on
    the server. Whenever the user tries to connect to the web
    page, in onload event of the web page, the .MSI file
    should be installed on the clients machine. For this to
    happen what all needs to be done ?

    Thanks!
    Suresh.

    Suresh, Nov 5, 2003