How Do I Limit Concurrent Requests To A WebService?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by TroutyJoe, Aug 9, 2006.

  1. TroutyJoe

    TroutyJoe Guest

    Hi all,

    For performance reasons, I would like to restrict concurrent request to
    a WebService that I provide, so that only a single request to a
    WebService can run at any time, with all other requests going into the
    request queue.

    I have tried editing thread settings in the machine.config e.g:

    processModel - maxWorkerThreads="1" maxIoThreads="1"
    httpRuntime - minFreeThreads="0" minLocalRequestFreeThreads="0"

    and while this works, the settings are too restrictive. These settings
    in processModel effect every web application running under asp.net on
    that box. I would prefer to restrict concurrent requests only for the
    WebService, rather than all asp.net web applications.

    Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Any thoughts or ideas would
    be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,

    Joe

    TroutyJoe, Aug 9, 2006

  2. So long as you are happy to have the web service running as it's opwn website
    in IIS you can limit current connections using the IIS configuartion snap in.
    I don't think further requests would be queued though they would be rejected
    with a server busy type error.

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2xpY2tvbg==?=, Aug 9, 2006