How do I link to inferior-ruby/interpreter in emacs?

ssecorp

I have fixed ruby-mode for emacs but I dont understand how to run the
interpreter.

I have inf-ruby.el in my ruby-path but what do I need to add to
my .emacs-file?

Ryan Davis

I have fixed ruby-mode for emacs but I dont understand how to run the
interpreter.

I have inf-ruby.el in my ruby-path but what do I need to add to
my .emacs-file?

M-x find-library RET
inf-ruby RET

read instructions. I suggest usage #2. then:

C-c C-s ; to run irb

John Maclean

=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
C-c C-s is not defined.
=20

Open a ruby file and see what mode you are in then C-h m and C-h b will tel=
l you the mode(s) that u have going and the keybindings for them. Ruby mode=
is very handy!

ssecorp

M-x find-library RET
inf-ruby RET

read instructions. I suggest usage #2. then:

C-c C-s ; to run irb

;; (autoload 'ruby-mode "ruby-mode"
;; "Mode for editing ruby source files" t)
;; (setq auto-mode-alist
;; (append '(("\\.rb$" . ruby-mode)) auto-mode-alist))
;; (setq interpreter-mode-alist (append '(("ruby" . ruby-mode))
;; interpreter-mode-alist))

(autoload 'run-ruby "inf-ruby"
"Run an inferior Ruby process")
(autoload 'inf-ruby-keys "inf-ruby"
"Set local key defs for inf-ruby in ruby-mode")
(add-hook 'ruby-mode-hook
'(lambda ()
(inf-ruby-keys)
))