How do I link to the same .aspx page from 2 different websites?

Mel

I have 2 websites and both of them need links to the same reports.
Both websites are on the same web server, both use IIS 6, Website 1
requires basic authentication and Website 2 uses Integrated Win.
authentication. I can create a link on website 1 to the report page
located on website 2 but it prompts for a username and password, which
I don't want. It requires a password because website 2 uses
integrated Win. auth. Where can I put the reports so both websites
can access them without requiring a password? Can anyone lead me in
the right direction?

Guest

I have 2 websites and both of them need links to the same reports.
Both websites are on the same web server, both use IIS 6, Website 1
requires basic authentication and Website 2 uses Integrated Win.
authentication.  I can create a link on website 1 to the report page
located on website 2 but it prompts for a username and password, which
I don't want.  It requires a password because website 2 uses
integrated Win. auth.  Where can I put the reports so both websites
can access them without requiring a password?  Can anyone lead me in
the right direction?

When site used Windows authentication, you can specify access to
specific location in the web.config file
I suppose you have a report in the /reports/ directory

Add a web.config to the /reports/ directory

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
<location path="report.aspx">

<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow users="*" />
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>

</configuration>

This should enable all users to get access to that /reports/
report.aspx

Point /reports/ as a virtual directory to your second application

Hope this helps