    integrated Win. auth. Where can I put the reports so both websites
    can access them without requiring a password? Can anyone lead me in
    the right direction?

    Mel, Jun 30, 2009

  2. On Jun 30, 7:32 pm, Mel <> wrote:
    > I have 2 websites and both of them need links to the same reports.
    > Both websites are on the same web server, both use IIS 6, Website 1
    > requires basic authentication and Website 2 uses Integrated Win.
    > authentication.  I can create a link on website 1 to the report page
    > located on website 2 but it prompts for a username and password, which
    > I don't want.  It requires a password because website 2 uses
    > integrated Win. auth.  Where can I put the reports so both websites
    > can access them without requiring a password?  Can anyone lead me in
    > the right direction?

    When site used Windows authentication, you can specify access to
    specific location in the web.config file
    I suppose you have a report in the /reports/ directory

    Add a web.config to the /reports/ directory

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <configuration>
    <location path="report.aspx">

    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <allow users="*" />
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </location>

    </configuration>

    This should enable all users to get access to that /reports/
    report.aspx

    Point /reports/ as a virtual directory to your second application

    Hope this helps

    Alexey Smirnov, Jul 1, 2009