How do I make a HTML document print with the Landscape option?

Learner

Hello,
I have print link on my HTML page. I would like to print the page by
clicking on that link. Our users do not need the print dialogue box
popped up. But when they clicked on the link it should directly print
the page with the land scape option.

I am just wondering if some one could help me with this?

thanks
-L

cwdjrxyz

Learner said:
Hello,
I have print link on my HTML page. I would like to print the page by
clicking on that link. Our users do not need the print dialogue box
popped up. But when they clicked on the link it should directly print
the page with the land scape option.

I am just wondering if some one could help me with this?

I wonder if this would work on all recent browsers, even if you could
force printing in landscape mode on one. I do not know how you could do
this, but perhaps someone else does. Some browsers, one being IE6 will
cut off part of the left of a wide page If I do not print out in
landscape mode. Others such as Firefox do not. If one wants the
printout to be an exact copy of the source page, then the usual way is
to use pdf format. Most have a pdf readers these days, and it is a free
download, if not. Of course Adobe sells the programs for processing pdf
documents. Some versions of Microsoft Word will output simple text
files as pdf if you paste the text file in Word. So, for some simple
text documents, you might not have to buy an Adobe program if you have
the right version of Word.

Learner

Yes looks like I need to think about converting it to a pdf or word
document. I just wanted to know if there would be any way to do
directly from HTML. Thanks for the reply.
-L

Sid

: If one wants the
: printout to be an exact copy of the source page, then the usual way is
: to use pdf format. Most have a pdf readers these days, and it is a free
: download, if not. Of course Adobe sells the programs for processing pdf
: documents.

Here's a great solution:
http://www.pdf995.com/

I am very happy with this purchase!