    I am just wondering if some one could help me with this?

    thanks
    -L

    Learner, Oct 1, 2006

  2. Learner

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    Learner wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I have print link on my HTML page. I would like to print the page by
    > clicking on that link. Our users do not need the print dialogue box
    > popped up. But when they clicked on the link it should directly print
    > the page with the land scape option.
    >
    > I am just wondering if some one could help me with this?

    I wonder if this would work on all recent browsers, even if you could
    force printing in landscape mode on one. I do not know how you could do
    this, but perhaps someone else does. Some browsers, one being IE6 will
    cut off part of the left of a wide page If I do not print out in
    landscape mode. Others such as Firefox do not. If one wants the
    printout to be an exact copy of the source page, then the usual way is
    to use pdf format. Most have a pdf readers these days, and it is a free
    download, if not. Of course Adobe sells the programs for processing pdf
    documents. Some versions of Microsoft Word will output simple text
    files as pdf if you paste the text file in Word. So, for some simple
    text documents, you might not have to buy an Adobe program if you have
    the right version of Word.

    cwdjrxyz, Oct 1, 2006

  3. Learner

    Learner Guest

    Yes looks like I need to think about converting it to a pdf or word
    document. I just wanted to know if there would be any way to do
    directly from HTML. Thanks for the reply.
    -L

    Learner, Oct 1, 2006
  4. Learner

    Sid Guest

    On 1 Oct 2006 09:06:18 -0700, "cwdjrxyz" <> wrote:

    : If one wants the
    : printout to be an exact copy of the source page, then the usual way is
    : to use pdf format. Most have a pdf readers these days, and it is a free
    : download, if not. Of course Adobe sells the programs for processing pdf
    : documents.

    Here's a great solution:
    http://www.pdf995.com/

    I am very happy with this purchase!