how do i make exteranl module work under debug session?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Wen, Aug 12, 2005.

  1. Wen

    Wen Guest

    Hi guys! I'm writing a small DLL thingy that requieres the use of loading
    the Python
    interpreter and executing a series of scripts. I have generated an interface
    to my
    dll with SWIG and put it in. It works like this:

    1) a small .exe loads the .dll and calls the main init() function
    2) the dll starts up some services, among them Py_Initialize ()
    3) i tell python to execute: execfile("kikura.py") (kikura.py is the file
    that SWIG
    generates for the shadow classes)

    All this works in the release version, but in the debug version i get this
    error
    message along with an assert failure: Fatal Python error: Interpreter not
    initialized
    (version mismatch?)

    Now, this might due to a fault of mine, but... The thing is that the windows
    installer of python didn't come with debug libraries or .dll, so i
    downloaded the
    python source, and compiled those, and am using those for the debug, but the
    original
    instalation ones for release version.

    Can anyone help? Thanx

    Wen, Aug 12, 2005