How do I make RbConfig aware of an include directory? (1.9.2 onFedora 16)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Cactus, Jun 26, 2012.

  1. Cactus

    Cactus Guest

    I built 1.9.2-p320 from source on Fedora 16,
    installed in /usr/local

    I can't build the mysql2 gem because it thinks
    that rb_thread_blocking_region isn't defined.
    It is, but the conftest.c file that mkmf
    generates fails because gcc can't find ruby.h

    The reason why gcc can't find ruby.h is that the
    gcc command-line generated from RbConfig doesn't
    emit -I.... flags pointing to ruby.h and other
    related .h files.

    First, the .h files were installed in
    /usr/local/include/ruby-1.9.1 although I was building
    ruby 1.9.2 -- is this ok?

    I could always add a symlink, but how do I make sure
    that RbConfig knows about this location?

    Thanks

    Cactus, Jun 26, 2012