How do I -MCPAN install and pass commandline params?

usenet

I have a module which needs to know the path to a library (which is in
a goofy place on my system). The module's perldocs tell me that I can
stipulate this with a commandline parameter 'libdir=/dir'.

I would prefer to install this module via the CPAN module. If I type
this in a CPAN shell:
install My::Module libdir=/dir

the parameter is silently ignored.

How would I stipulate this parameter within a CPAN install?

Thanks!

usenet

How would I stipulate this parameter within a CPAN install?

A smart Perl dude has advised me that I can do this:

o conf makepl_arg libdir=/dir
install My::Module

And it works :)