    Operation is not allowed when the object is open.

    is it the problem of my connection string ?

    thanks
    THY, Aug 22, 2003

  2. THY

    Gönen EREN Guest

    access files accept only one connection (this is a file : when it's open
    it's locked ) you have to use a server like MSSql,MySql,Oracle,...
    Gönen EREN, Aug 22, 2003

  3. THY

    THY Guest

    If it is locked, why we still can open the data file using ms access ?

    btw, can we make the page to hold until the database is close then open it ?
    so the user wont get any error if the database currently is opened ...
    is this possible ?

    THY, Aug 22, 2003
  4. THY

    THY Guest

    I don't know much about mysql ...
    how do I connect mysql with ASP.NET ?

    and can mysql import access ?

    thanks

    "Gönen EREN" <> wrote in message
    > yes you can try to make something like this
    > using
    >
    > try{}
    > catch{}
    >
    > but why access?
    > access isn't a database server
    > you can use for example MySql, it's free
    > www.mysql.com
    > i don't think you will get a good performance from your site with

    access...

    THY, Aug 22, 2003
  5. THY

    Gönen EREN Guest

    no you have to use oledb

    download mysql server and mycc or an alternatif to this mysql front ( last
    two are gui 's)

    then connect using a connection string

    Gönen EREN, Aug 22, 2003