How do I open a database connection on an access file that currently open ?

THY

Hi,

I have create a connection to an access database, but before I close the
connection,
another user cannot run the web application correctly, I got the error
Operation is not allowed when the object is open.

is it the problem of my connection string ?

thanks

Gönen EREN

access files accept only one connection (this is a file : when it's open
it's locked ) you have to use a server like MSSql,MySql,Oracle,...

THY

If it is locked, why we still can open the data file using ms access ?

btw, can we make the page to hold until the database is close then open it ?
so the user wont get any error if the database currently is opened ...
is this possible ?

THY

I don't know much about mysql ...
how do I connect mysql with ASP.NET ?

and can mysql import access ?

thanks

Gönen EREN

no you have to use oledb

download mysql server and mycc or an alternatif to this mysql front ( last
two are gui 's)

then connect using a connection string