    Project to create Gantt charts and we want the customer to be able to
    view their their Gantt chart(s) online.

    (using Asp.net 2.0, vb.net, Visual Studio Pro 2005, WinXP SP2)
    Mel, Aug 4, 2008

  2. On Aug 4, 8:58 pm, Mel <> wrote:
    > Anyone know how to display a .mpp file in Asp.net?  We use Microsoft
    > Project to create Gantt charts and we want the customer to be able to
    > view their their Gantt chart(s) online.
    >
    > (using Asp.net 2.0, vb.net, Visual Studio Pro 2005, WinXP SP2)

    MS Project has an option to export MPP to XML. XML would be quite easy
    to read and use in your application. Of course you should always
    export your projects to XML (or use XML as a project file, you can
    open XML in MS Project too).
    Alexey Smirnov, Aug 4, 2008

  3. Mel

    Mel Guest

    On Aug 4, 2:43 pm, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > "Mel" <> wrote in message

    > > Anyone know how to display a .mpp file in ASP.NET?

    > http://www.projectviewercentral.com/projectviewer/web.html
    >
    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

    Thank you, I'll check that out.

    We are planning on creating a macro that will create the MS project
    file on the fly every time a date is changed in access database (the
    table is ODBC linked table to our SQL Server). Once the project file
    is created I can show that project file on the website. Sounds icky
    right? Do you think it would be better to just add a control to the
    web page that would read the data from the SQL server directly and
    create the Gantt chart then and there. Has anyone ever used a Gantt
    Chart control they can recommend?
    Mel, Aug 4, 2008
  4. Mel

    Mel Guest

    On Aug 4, 3:14 pm, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > "Mel" <> wrote in message

    > >>http://www.projectviewercentral.com/projectviewer/web.html

    > > We are planning on creating a macro that will create the MS project
    > > file on the fly every time a date is changed in Access database (the
    > > table is ODBC linked table to our SQL Server).

    > Ouch!
    >
    > > Once the project file is created I can show that project file on the
    > > website.
    > > Sounds icky right?

    > It most certainly does! Presumably there are good reasons for the convoluted
    > solution...
    >
    > > Do you think it would be better to just add a control to the web page that
    > > would read the data from the SQL server directly and create the Gantt
    > > chart
    > > there and then?

    > Yes I do, but why reinvent the wheel...? Displaying project information in a
    > browser-based environment is such a common scenario that Microsoft have
    > already provided a solution... As is usual with very common requirements,
    > several 3rd-party solutions now also exist, like the one I recommended
    > above...
    >
    > > Has anyone ever used a Gantt Chart control they can recommend?

    > http://www.advsofteng.com/gallery_gantt.html
    >
    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

    Can anyone recommend a Gantt Chart control that contains dependency
    information?
    (By Dependency I mean one task can't start until another is finished.)
    Mel, Aug 13, 2008