    JEditPane or whatever..

    Thank you!
    Flo.
    Flo, Jan 9, 2007

  2. Flo

    Mich Guest

    "Flo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hey guys,
    > very basic question:
    > I want to push a button, and open an HTML file in Internet Explorer (or
    > any browser, there's no need for very compatible code, since the
    > software will only be used a couple of times on a windows machine).
    >
    > Important: I do NOT want to have the HTML file viewed with java or
    > JEditPane or whatever..
    >
    > Thank you!
    > Flo.

    package compukat.io;

    import java.io.BufferedReader;
    import java.io.File;
    import java.io.InputStream;
    import java.io.InputStreamReader;
    import java.io.IOException;
    import java.net.URLConnection;
    import java.net.HttpURLConnection;
    import java.net.URL;
    import java.io.FileInputStream;
    import org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient;

    public class Read {

    public static String read(String file) throws IOException {
    return fileInputStreamString(file);
    }

    /**
    * @written: 07.11.2001
    * @version: 1.0
    * @tested: no
    */
    public static String bufferedReader(BufferedReader bufferedReader) throws
    IOException {

    StringBuffer stringBuffer = new StringBuffer("");
    String line = bufferedReader.readLine();

    while (line!=null) {
    // If this is the first line (i.e.,text = null), do not add it,
    stringBuffer.append(line+'\n');
    line = bufferedReader.readLine();
    }

    bufferedReader.close();
    return stringBuffer.toString();
    }

    /**
    * @written: 07.11.2001
    * @version: 1.0
    * @tested: yes
    * @usage: compukat.io.Read.fileinputStream(FileInputStream):String
    */
    static public String fileInputStream(FileInputStream fileInputStream) throws
    IOException {
    return inputStream(fileInputStream);
    }

    /**
    * @written: 2002.02.04
    * @version: 1.0
    * @tested: no
    * @usage: new compukat.io.Read().fileInputStreamByte(String
    fileName):byte[]
    */
    public byte[] fileInputStreamByte(String infile) throws IOException {
    String fileString = fileInputStreamString(infile);
    byte[] fileBytes = new
    compukat.conversion.StringConversion().toBytes(fileString);
    return fileBytes;
    }

    /**
    * @written: 07.11.2001
    * @version: 1.0
    * @tested: yes
    * @usage: compukat.io.Read.fileInputStreamString(String):String
    */
    static public String fileInputStreamString(String file) throws IOException
    {
    File file_ = new File(file);
    if(!file_.exists()) {
    throw new IOException("File ".concat(file).concat(" does not exist"));
    }
    return fileInputStream(new FileInputStream(file));
    }

    static public String file2String(String file) throws IOException {
    String string = null;
    if (FileUtil.fileExists(file)) {
    string = fileInputStreamString(file);
    }
    return string;
    }

    /**
    * @written: 07.11.2001
    * @version: 1.0
    * @tested: yes
    * @usage: compukat.io.Read.inputStream(InputStream):String
    */
    static public String inputStream(InputStream infile) throws IOException {
    int b = 0;
    StringBuffer fileContent = new StringBuffer();

    b = infile.read();
    while(b != -1) {
    fileContent.append((char)b);
    b = infile.read();
    }
    infile.close();
    return fileContent.toString();
    }

    /**
    * @written: 07.11.2001
    * @version: 1.0
    * @tested: no
    * @usage: compukat.io.Read.inputStreamReader(InputStreamReader):String
    */
    static public String inputStreamReader(InputStreamReader inputStreamReader)
    throws IOException {
    return bufferedReader(new BufferedReader(inputStreamReader));
    }

    /**
    * @written: 07.11.2001
    * @version: 1.0
    * @tested: yes
    * @usage: compukat.io.Read.url(URL):String
    */

    public static String url(URL url) throws IOException {
    HttpURLConnection urlConnection = (HttpURLConnection)
    url.openConnection();
    String response = urlConnection(urlConnection);
    return response;
    }

    static public String[] urlConnection(URL url) throws IOException {

    HttpURLConnection urlConnection = (HttpURLConnection)
    url.openConnection();
    String[] response =
    {urlConnection(urlConnection),urlConnection.toString()};
    return response;
    }

    /**
    * @written: 07.11.2001
    * @version: 1.0
    * @tested: yes
    * @usage: compukat.io.Read.urlConnection(URLconnection):String
    */
    static public String urlConnection(URLConnection urlConnection) throws
    IOException {
    return Read.inputStream(urlConnection.getInputStream());
    }

    /**
    * @written: 07.11.2001
    * @version: 1.0
    * @tested: yes
    * @usage: compukat.io.Read.urlString(String):String
    */
    static public String urlString(String urlString) throws IOException {

    URL url = new URL(urlString);
    return Read.url(url);
    }

    static public String[] urlStringConnection(String urlString) throws
    IOException {

    URL url = new URL(urlString);
    return Read.urlConnection(url);

    String url = "http://www.tambu-smart.com/cat1.html";
    try {
    String page = compukat.io.Read.urlString(url);
    page = compukat.string.Edit.parseTo(page,"http://www.");
    url = compukat.string.Edit.extractPast(page,".com");
    }
    catch(Exception e) {
    e.printStackTrace();

    Mich, Jan 9, 2007

  3. Flo wrote:
    > Hey guys,
    > very basic question:

    Note: "What is the meaning of life?" is also
    a very basic question. It's the answer that
    is more tricky.

    > I want to push a button, and open an HTML file in Internet Explorer (or
    > any browser, ..

    - For an applet, showDocument(url) easy but unreliable.
    - For an application BrowserLauncher in older Java versions
    (reliable, with feedback, but requires an extra 20-40K
    of jar), though I vaguely though I heard of some JDIC
    project or perhaps a feature in latest Java that claimed
    to hook into browser launching.
    - For a web-started applet or application,
    BasicService.showDocument(url), easy, reliable and
    provides feedback.

    HTH

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Jan 10, 2007