How do I override the soap:address field in the auto-generated WSDL document?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Ray Johnson, Jan 13, 2004.

  1. Ray Johnson

    Ray Johnson Guest

    My web service will be served on a farm of servers. However, the WSDL
    document that get's created
    uses information about the local machine. More specifically the
    "soap:address" field is set to something
    like this:

    <soap:address location=http://webserver1:7000/ingenio.asmx />

    However, for people to use the real service they need to hit a different
    address on our
    load balancer. So the soap:address really should be something like this:

    <soap:address location=http://services.ingenio.com/ingenio.asmx />

    I have been unable to figure out how to tell the .asmx page to generate a
    different WSDL
    file with the proper address. ANyone know how to do this?

    Ray
    Ray Johnson, Jan 13, 2004

  2. Ray Johnson

    Jan Tielens Guest

    Check out following article:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/webservices/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnweb
    srv/html/insidewsdl.asp#insidewsdl_code15

    Inside WSDL with .NET Attribution
    Code block 15 depicts the service element for the MyStore Web service. The
    port element is actually a sub-element located under the Service element.
    (The Service element will be discussed in the next section.) The port is
    given a unique name within the Service element, which in this case is
    MyStoreSoap and is linked to a previously defined binding, also named
    MyStoreSoap, via the binding attribute. Finally and most importantly, the
    port element contains a SOAP address element that specifies the physical
    address of this port. If you are using the HTTP transport, then this address
    is a URL. If the transport specified in the Bindings element is SMTP, then
    this address would be an e-mail address. All requests transmitted to this
    address must use the transport and protocol specified in the MyStoreSoap
    binding element.

    --
    Greetz

    Jan Tielens