How Do I Pass Bindingsource to Another form.

Rob Dob

Hi,

I have two forms. the first form has a datagridview who's datasource is a
bindingsource. when you double click on a datagridview row it then opens my
second form, which has some databound controls, text boxes that are bound to
another bindingsource. Both bindingsources are bound to the same dataset,
and contain the same information. Within my second forms Load method I fill
my dataset that is bound to my bindingsource with the content of the current
record selected from my first form. but the problem is that when I save the
changes made within my second form and close it that these changes are not
reflected within my first forms datagridviews contents unless I Fill the
dataset again.

I'm assuming that what I need to do is use the bindingsource that is
contained within my first form in my second form, that way any changes will
be immediately reflected back into my main form.. If this is the case, how
do I go about doing this.?

Thanks

tyquaun

Use the server.transfer method. It will provide the contents of the
intial form to the redirected form.

Rob Dob

Hi,

This is a WinForm Windows application not a Webform.., Do you know how I
would make use of the bindingsource within the first form in my second form?

thanks,

David Thielen

Hi;

You're in the wroooooooong place for WinForm questions. Best way to handle
it for plain old windows forms is to pass the object in the constructor of
the child form and use it in there.